Program booklet info needed by Tuesday, 8/1
We need some information for the end of summer program booklet.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, August 1 @ 4 pm (This is a “drop dead date” deadline.)
- After logging in using the INTERN INFO menu option, please verify that we have the correct information for your name, your school and your mentor. Change the information as necessary; otherwise, make no changes.
- PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH THE TITLE FOR YOUR ABSTRACT/POSTER/REPORT.
- This is going to be a public document. Check with your mentor to make sure your title is in good shape; viz., proofread, complete, accurate, and not a label.
- You may update this title as needed until my final print deadline (Tuesday, August 1 @ 4pm).
Deadline: July 20 @ 4pm -- Abstract for a General Audience, draft 2
- Make an appointment for a writing conference: July 24 — 28
- All abstracts should be submitted as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use Abstract, draft 2 as the email's subject
- Submit as a MS-Word or Word compatible document
- Use OEP document naming convention
- Include as part of the abstract's heading the DAY of your writing conference appointment AND your DEPARTMENTAL CATEGORY (Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences, or Engineering et al.)
Making a Writing Conference appointment
Log in using the INTERN INFO menu option. Follow the directions there.
What do I do if I need to reschedule a writing conference appointment?
The writing conference appointments are fluid. You can reschedule for a later time or day at any time. Just log in through the INTERN INFO menu option and make it so. There is no need to contact Mike; he'll know.
2017 Event Calendar
2017 Event Calendar
Weekly Safety Tip
Follow these important guidelines on handling/processing chemicals:
- Label all samples created here with a form of identification that can lead back to the chemical contents of the sample.
- Keep manufacturer’s label on all chemicals purchased or brought from other locations.
- Transfer all samples and chemicals containers to a Brookhaven Lab owner or properly dispose as waste.
- Complete waste forms for any waste already collected.
Welcome to the BNL OEP Writing Center for all Summer 2017 interns.
This site features information and suggestions to help you with the OEP and DOE obligations that are a part of your BNL internship. This main page will also provide up-to-date information on program notices, the various deadlines, and other responsibilities.
- Weekly reports
- Intern Info, etc.
- OEP & DOE Deliverables
- Detailed information on each program's BNL or DOE requirements is provided here.
- Stuff not covered elsewhere, including sample deliverables and logos for posters.
- Forget an email address for Mel, Noel, or Mike? Use this menu choice.
- The address for any packages or snail mail being sent to you during your internship.